Sunday, November 11, 2012

Summary Post C4T Teacher #3

Comment for Teachers October Edition

In this past C4T (Comment for Teachers) I was assigned to Mr. Daniel Edwards. In the first blog that I had commented on he was talking about "What can you do with an iPad in the classroom?". In the second blog he was talking about how Twitter had helped him prepare for an upcoming job interview.

Mr. Edwards wrote about how iPads can be incorporated in a classroom. His reason for using the iPad were: "Assessment for Learning", "Collaboration", "Practical Use", and "Informing the Next Step". I had commented saying that I had a pro and a con for the usage of an iPad in a classroom. The pro: Students can share data instantly and/or be more portable than a laptop. The con: What if you were to have misbehaving students they would most likely use the iPad for non class related topics. After contemplating these two issues I came to the conclusion that I would use an iPad for the classroom but will want to have a tool that shows what the students are doing on the iPads.

In his second post he wrote about Twitter had helped him get ready for a job and get the job. He had explained how using Twitter as his PLN (Personal Learning Network) had gotten him organized for the interview. I had commented saying that I have had my Twitter account for about two years now and I love how much easier it is to interact with other people to get advice about certain topics. I hope that when I graduate from college in a couple of years that I will be able to use Twitter as my PLN to get ready for a job interview at an elementary or middle school.

No comments:

Post a Comment