Sunday, November 4, 2012

Blog Post #10

The major controversy

I'm a Papermate. I'm a Ticonderoga.
In this cartoon, the artist is showing how the "papermate" is cheap and useless; as for the "ticonderoga", is expensive and what all children and adults use. The artist, however, made the popular pencil's names into human forms. I thought that this was a very clever way of showing the differences between the two.


Learning is FUN

Why Were Your Kids Playing Games?
In Mr. Spencer's blog post, the principal has an issue with a teacher playing games with the students instead of teaching them. The principal wants the students to have a "burp back" education, as Dr. Strange puts it, and the teacher is just not going to have it. He believes that students will be able to memorize better by playing games to learn rather than having to memorize text after text. Victoria Kaplan posted a comment saying how she knows first hand what it is like trying to memorize straight facts. I agree with both of them in how we need to be creative in teaching students how to remember facts better instead of drilling it to them, having them test on it, and then forget about it later on as they continue their education.


teacher disciplining student

Don’t teach your kids this stuff. Please?
In Mr. McLeod's blog post, he showed a little bit of sarcasm of how teachers are afraid of new technology and thinking that their students are going to use it the wrong way. He had stated that he uses the technology with his students to show them the right way of using it. I agree with Mr. McLeod in how teachers should not be afraid of teaching technology to their students because how else are they going to learn how to use it? I for one will be using technology in my future classroom because I want my students to be able to interact with the way technology is improving around them.

2 comments:

  1. Alecia,
    I really enjoyed reading your post. I thought you provided some very interesting a detailed information. I think you could have provided a little bit more information about the cartoon but you still got your point across. All your post were very well written and on point grammatically. You also provided great pictures and the links were correct. I look forward to reading your future posts.
    Thanks Jordan

    ReplyDelete