Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Blog Post #8

students have the key for technology

This is How We Dream

In the first part of two YouTube videos, Mr. Richard Miller kept saying that the learning style currently is an incremental change and not a fundamental change. I was not to sure on what the differences were between the two, so I googled incremental, and the definition I got was "increasing or adding on". And so from finding that out I understood what Mr. Miller was talking about. He was explaining that learning in the twenty-first century we have to add on to the previous style of learning and not staying at the original "fundamental" change.
In the second part of the YouTube video, he explained how material that we use for research can be updated right before our eyes. Back when I was growing up in the 90s and early 2000s, the internet was so slow that while I was looking up something, I would be doing something else, and come back to it in a while because it took that long to load. With the way that modern technology is changing, it makes it seem like we do not have time to learn about ti teach about it.
With the technology changing the way it is, we can not have voice overs in our videos and videos and pictures put into our blog with links to watch the videos or find out where the pictures came from. With the technology now, we can search for anything that our heart's desire right from home on our laptops, iPhones, and tablets. Before this we had to go to the library and search through books to find out what it was that we were looking for. I believe that I will be ready to write with multimedia and so will my future students with my learning from EDM310.
YouTube playlist


Carly Pugh's Blog Post #12
In Carly Pugh's Blog Post #12, she wrote how she would want Dr. Strange to teach her assignment as though he had thought of it. She had wanted everyone to make a YouTube playlist that had to have at least five out of the ten that she had listed. I must say that this seems like an interesting activity to do, for you have to use the things that you have learned to make this playlist because like she said "good teachers teach by example".
Dr. Strange's EDM310


EDM310 for Dummies
In this very hilarious YouTube video called EDM310 for Dummies, a group of EDM310 students made a video about making the class simpler, and suggested ways on making the class more enjoyable. An idea I had is called EDM310 Sparknotes. In the video I would explain the ways to get through the class, and highlight the mainpoints to help students survive Dr. Strange's class.
Learn to Change, Change to Learn


Learn to Change, Change to Learn
In the video, they argued how technology is no longer a choice. It is rather a way of life now because of finding information and communicating. I argee with their arguments because I believe if we educators are not up to date on how the world is running, with technology that is, how are the students going to know how to use the technology that has been given to them properly? I would want my students to learn how to use it properly so that when we have assignments, they will use their knowledge that they have been taught on how to do it.

2 comments:

  1. EDM SparkNotes would be helpful!
    The rest of the blog post #8 assignment (the poll, cartoon, etc) could have been included in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. alecia, I enjoyed reading your post. Everything was fine except, the last part of the blog "The Scavenger Hunt" should have been included with this post.

    ReplyDelete