Saturday, October 13, 2012

Blog Post #7

Networked Student

The Networked Student


In Ms. Drexler's video, she explained how the student networking would be related to the class. She hoped that students would be able to find useful information on the internet, whether it be by Google Scholar or WikiLinks, and be able to post this information onto a blog site. Because of the "Networked Student" how would students, being in the twenty-first century, be able to share their useful information?


The point she was trying to make was that students in the twenty-first century need to learn how to use the internet wisely. Some students nowadays tend to "abuse" the power of the internet to work on assignments. I want to use the term "abuse" lightly simply because Middle Schoolers and High Schoolers want to steal someone elses work and call it there own. With using "Networked Student", students are taught how to use Google and WikiLinks wisely, then they are to use what they have gotten from the internet and write about it in a blog. With doing this, many students tend to not want to cheat on what they are writing about because they have to put their findings in their own words for the blog.


When students are using the network, they are using it to not only gain information but also share it with other classmates and teachers. I would want to use this in my classroom because I do not want my students to steal another person's work and lie about calling it their own on their blog. When I teach it to my students about networking, I will teach them how to use the internet properly and not having them rob other people from their hardwork.

2 comments:

  1. Alecia,

    You made some excellent points about Ms. Drexler's video and I enjoyed reading your post. However, I noticed you are missing the section about "A 7th Grader's PLE." I know that the PLN assignment is not due yet, but you can still comment on this video and get an idea about what will be required for this upcoming project.

    I also noticed you used the wrong form of "their." In your sentence, "I want to use the term "abuse" lightly simply because Middle Schoolers and High Schoolers want to steal someone elses work and call it there own." You should have put "their own" not "there own." Also, the word "elses" should be "else's" since it is showing possession over the word "work."

    Just be sure to proof read your assignments before posting and you can avoid these errors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alecia,

    Great Post about the networked student you had a few errors. You missed the assignment to comment about "A seventh grader`s PLE". I enjoyed reading your post.

    ReplyDelete