Friday, September 21, 2012

Project #3 Post #2

Mrs. Boerend had made two posts that were very insightfull: All They Wanted and Another Lesson from the Garden. In these two blog posts she had a couple of main points: giving students examples on how long the paper has to be and getting rid of the old ways to make way for the new. With her sharing these ideas on how to help students succeed, it seems to be a no brainer; when in actualality, it is not because of the amount of time and effort that is made to help them learn better and faster.
In her post "All They Wanted", she had said that her students were always asking how long their paper had to be. I had commented saying that I used to ask my teachers that same question all the time in Elementary School. I had also mentioned that the little box "Mentor Texts" sounded like a pretty nifty idea, because it allowed the children to post their writings to and have models to look at as examples.
The second comment that I had made on her blog "Another Lesson from the Garden", I agreed that students need to be taught a new way of learning, and not just sticking to the old, easy way to get by. I gave an example of when I had worked as a three year old teacher at a local DayCare this past summer. I had the pictures of the alphabet with pictures of animals on it. By the end of the week I had the children come up front, say their name and sing the alphabet in front of the entire class. Not only did the children have fun learing but I did as well by teaching them.

No comments:

Post a Comment